The aktiv6 flowtech75 MS Tripod System from Sachtler pairs the activ6 fluid head with the lightweight carbon fiber flowtech 75 MS tripod with mid-level spreader. This kit offers lightning-fast SpeedSwap technology, a sideload camera plate, smooth panning and tilting, and stable support for camera rigs weighing up to 17.6 lb. A padded carrying bag rounds out this tripod kit.
Sachtler aktiv6 Sideload Fluid Head with SpeedLevel & 3-Step Drag for Sachtler Tripods (75mm)
The aktiv6 Sideload Fluid Head uses Sachtler’s truly innovative SpeedLevel technology to provide almost instant mounting and leveling of your camera rig on Sachtler 75mm tripod legs. The clamp and stud SpeedLevel system saves precious time leveling your camera rig by eliminating the need to screw on a tie-down knob. Designed for DSLRs, mirrorless, and digital cine-style cameras, the aktiv6 supports rigs weighing up to 17.6 pounds. This fluid head features 15 steps of counterbalance and three steps of pan and tilt drag adjustment, plus zero settings for both balance and drag.
The SpeedLevel technology replaces the traditional head screw and tie-down design with a strong clamp built into the head bowl and a stud component that clamps onto your tripod bowl or other mounting platform, such as a slider. Simply grasp the large lever on the head and pull it up to release the clamp, then press it down to lock your head in place. Partially lifting the lever allows you to quickly and easily level the head.
When used with a separately available flowtech tripod, the activ6 enables you to spread the legs flat, getting as low to the ground as your head can without a tie-down knob getting in the way. You can also mount your head directly onto a slider using a separately available aktiv system stud that screws onto support systems with a 3/8″-16 threaded stud.
The PrismBubble level system is pressed once to illuminate the bubble level to be illuminated or pressed twice to light up both the bubble level and the drag settings, a boon when working in darker environments. The bubble level also has a built-in prism, enabling you to more easily level the head when the legs are at set at maximum height or an awkward angle.
Mount your camera using the aktiv6 sliding balance plate with 1/4-20″ screw and locating pin. With a sliding range of 4.7″, this head adapts quickly to balance variously configured rigs. The Sachtler aktiv6 head also features a detachable pan bar that can be mounted onto the rosettes on either the right or left side of the head.
aktiv Fluid Head Compatibility
The aktiv6 and aktiv8 fluid heads are compatible with Sachtler 75mm tripods (flowtech 75 aktiv, Tripod 75/2 AL, SpeedLock 75, ENG 75/2 D, and DA 75L)
Use the large integrated lever to quickly mount, level, and lock the head on your tripod or other base; lift up to release, lift partially to level, and press down to lock the head firmly in place
Centered around a metal stud, the SpeedSwap base clamps onto any 75mm bowl tripod or to the separately available slider base; additional bases can be purchased separately to fit a second tripod, dolly, or slider
The illuminated PrismBubble is visible from any height or angle, saving you time when leveling at higher or lower positions
17.6 lb Capacity Fluid Head
This 17.6 lb capacity fluid head is suited for larger DSLRs, mirrorless MFT cameras, and for pro-style digital cine cameras
Stepped Counterbalance and Drag
15 steps of counterbalance and three steps of pan and drag plus zero settings for free spins and tilts
The sideload plate has 4.7″ of travel for balancing your rig and both a 1/4″-20 screw and a locating pin to prevent twisting
1/4″-20 and 3/8″-16 Tie-Down Screws
The head ships with an additional 1/4″-20 and 3/8″-16 tie-down screw mounted on threaded holes at the top of the head
Sachtler Flowtech 75 MS Carbon Fiber Tripod with Mid-Level Spreader and Rubber Feet
The Sachtler Flowtech 75 MS Carbon Fiber Tripod with Mid-Level Spreader and Rubber Feet eschews the common single or double carbon fiber tube design and instead has redesigned the shape of the legs for improved torsional strength. The legs work weigh just under 7 pounds yet they can support a payload of up to 44 pounds, and extend from a minimum height of 24″ to a maximum height of 61″ when using the included removable mid-level spreader. Each leg features a single clamping lever that locks and unlocks the sections.
Each leg extends or retracts independently from the other two, and when it is detached from the spreader each leg can pivot without affecting the other legs. This is especially useful when working on rough or uneven terrain. You can remove the spreader completely and lock each leg in one of three positions, so you can work without a spreader if you wish. This enables you to spread the legs extremely wide for low shots, while the tripod legs maintain their torsional stability. The dual spikes at the end of each leg provide extra grip when working on softer ground, and you can snap rubber feet onto the dual spikes for better grip when working on hard or delicate surfaces.
- Dual-stage, carbon fiber, 75mm bowl tripod for most Sachtler 75mm fluid heads.
- Weighs only 6.4 pounds but supports up to 44 pounds.
- The design and construction of the legs provide tremendous torsional stability. In other words, the legs resist twisting when you pan the tripod head.
- The included mid-level spreader allows you to work on uneven terrain such as stairs or rocks while preventing the legs from flying apart. When using the mid-level spreader, you can use the included rubber feet to protect delicate surfaces from the tripod’s foot spikes.
- Each leg features a single clamping lever lock design at the top of the leg, near the 75mm bowl. This allows you to loosen all three leg sections from a single location, saving you time while reducing the wear and tear on your body as you don’t have to bend down to loosen a leg lock at the bottom to lower or raise the legs.
- The legs incorporate a locking mechanism that enables the legs to move completely freely, suitable when working with a spreader, or to lock at one of three angles, suitable for use when working without a spreader.
- When closing the legs, there is room for the mid-level spreader to be folded up while remaining attached. The legs feature a magnetic locking system strong enough to hold them together during transport but allows you to easily release the legs when you want to set them up.
Sachtler Padded Bag for flowtech 75 or TT Tripod with FSB Fluid Head
With dimensions of 36.6 x 7.9 x 9.1″, this Padded Bag from Sachtler is designed specifically for carrying a flowtech 75 or TT tripod equipped with an FSB fluid head. It is made with a high-density 900D fabric, which is both flame retardant and water-resistant to help ensure that your equipment stays safe. Additionally, layers of both open-cell and closed-cell foam are used in the construction to protect your gear against small bumps and shocks.
The bag opens via a full-length zipper found at the top, which allows for easy access while shooting. For transport, two straps on each side can be connected to an integrated handgrip for easy carrying. There are also small handles on each side of the bag where the zipper ends, and right next to them are D-rings that can be used to connect an optional shoulder strap. Finally, a clear plastic window on the outside allows you to insert a tag with your name or phone number for easy identification when travelling.
• Padded bag with dimensions of 36.6 x 7.9 x 9.1″, designed for carrying a flowtech 75 or TT tripod with an FSB fluid head
• 900D water-resistant fabric on the exterior, with layers of foam to help cushion gear against bumps
• Full-length zipper allows for easy access to the interior compartment
• Connecting hand straps, side handles, and D-rings available for transport
• Clear plastic window on one of the sides allows you to insert a name tag for easy identification